on the ball
At the Guy Mascolo Football Charity we have created a new programme called 'On the Ball'
This project has the following intentions -
- To help increase the provision of high quality support for disadvantaged children in London working in Partnership with London’s child poverty charity, The Childhood Trust
- To achieve positive & lasting changes for all participants
- To build Community partnerships (particularly those involved in tutoring, mentoring, life-skills training)
- To increase parental involvement with the aim of improving the development of our young people.
- Create opportunities & pathways for young people to fulfil their potential in the sports industry.
To ensure that we meet these aims for the benefit of the young participants in our local community we will provide weekly coaching sessions delivered by FA Qualified Football Coaches, Fitness Conditioning programmes, An opportunity on our coaching pathway, Experience on IMG workshops, AFC Wimbledon 3 day Work Experience, Mentoring, Michail Antonio Cup Fixtures, Showcase matches and player profiling.
Our On the Ball Programme will work closely with out other project - Michail Antonio Cup.
The MA Cup has been built to give many young people who aspire to become professional footballers, the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of professional footballers and Talent identification scouts from professional and semi-professional football clubs.
From our previous year of the MA Cup we had a number of participants to no move onto a number of semi-professional and a professional football clubs around the UK.
Click here to find out more about the MA Cup
For more information on this programme please contact